Why is Prefabricated Roof Trusses the best choice?
When you are building a residential dwelling, whether it is your dream home or a residential housing development, the roof structure is one of the most important construction elements. In addition, it is one of the largest, heaviest, and most costly structural components in any home design.
To create an aesthetically pleasing, sound structure that can safely carry the load and offer acceptable durability and appearance for the lifespan of the building, it makes sense that a lot of planning, careful design, and knowledge would be devoted to any roofing project.
Sadly, many building owners and some developers will choose price over quality with regards to both workmanship and materials, which can lead to costly, disastrous and in some instances, life-threatening situations.
Every ITC-SA accredited fabricator is audited on an annual basis with regards to quality, competence and compliance to, among others the South African National Standards - SANS 10243: The Manufacture and Erection of Timber Roof Trusses. An annual Certificate of Competence is issued by the ITC-SA to confirm that the fabricator complies with the National Design and Material Standards and the ITC-SA requirements.
Prefabricated roof trusses shall, at all times, be in accordance with the rational design requirements given by the engineer as well as the SANS requirements below. To confirm compliance, an engineering certificate will be required on completion of any roof structure:
- SANS 10400 - Part L
- SANS 10243
- SANS 10163
- SANS 1783 - Part 1 and 2
- SANS 51075
- SANS 3575
- SANS 10096
Prefabricated roof trusses can only be approved when a rational design is available, confirming that the material and truss design meet and/or exceed the SANS requirements.
The benefits of using Prefabricated roof trusses include:
- Trusses can typically be installed in a single day, speeding the home construction process and getting the structure closed up sooner, which helps prevent moisture and other weather elements from getting inside.
- Prefabricated Roof truss systems allow for almost any custom roof design and shape imaginable, allowing features such as cross gables and cathedral ceilings without being prohibitively expensive.
- Roof trusses can span much longer distances without the need for load bearing interior walls.
- Your Prefabricated Roof Trusses are designed and manufactured to accommodate the specific roof design according to the latest building regulations and ISO standards applicable;
- Your roof trusses will be delivered to your building site with all the required brackets, cleats, nails and the roof covering that you chose;
- A layout is provided so that your carpenter can see exactly where each truss must be placed and fitted;
- Full bracing details are provided;
- An A19 engineering certificate will be issued upon the completion of your roof installation;
When you purchase your roof trusses from a reputable fabricator, such as Technistrut, you can have the peace of mind that we are regularly audited and monitored, and that should something go wrong with our workmanship, you will have recourse in the form of a manufacturing warranty.
Contact the experts in Roof Truss Manufacturing for your roofing project!
TechniStrut (Pty) Ltd offers a complete roofing supply solution. While our core business is the manufacturing of Timber Roof Trusses, we also supply Roof Sheeting, Roof Tiles, and all other roofing materials required to install a complete roof.
We not only service Johannesburg and Pretoria but the whole Gauteng province & surrounds.